Car and Truck Shock Absorber and Struts Service Littleton
Dakota Ridge Auto, Littleton Colorado, 80127
If your car or truck is ten years old or older, or has fifty thousand miles on it, it has a pretty good chance of needing the shocks and struts replaced. Also, vehicles that are often overloaded like construction or ranch trucks will need their shocks replaced more frequently.
Shocks or struts help absorb the bouncing of the springs caused by going over the bumps and dips in the road, by stopping the springs from oscillating, and bringing the car back to stability as quickly as possible. This is important because when your shocks and struts are bad, it can be a very rough ride, steering and braking are compromised, and your tires will wear down more quickly.
The expert technicians at Dakota Ridge Auto can repair your shocks and struts so your smooth, safe ride returns. Replacement of your shocks and struts will also prevent other related problems, like having to buy new tires.
There are several signs that your shocks and struts need to be replaced. They are:
- Leaking fluids.
- Shocks, struts, mounts or bushings are dented, broken or worn.
- Tires show unusual wear patterns, like cupping.
- A harsh, bumpy, or shaky ride.
- Poor steering response and stiffness or noise when steering.
- Instability when braking, the vehicle “nose dives” when you apply the brakes.
- Swaying and leaning when turning or changing lanes.
- Tests show that at around 50,000 miles original equipment shocks and struts may need replacing.
- More hydroplaning and skidding.
When your shocks and struts need replacing you will notice braking instability, steering is more difficult, the vehicle’s ride is rough, and your tires are worn. You need good shocks and struts because they help you stay in control when you’re driving.